Here comes the new training year!!!:
Monday is the start of 2017-18 seasons training. We will have the usual 4 week structure of training building and recovery and also 8 week training objectives.
So for the next 8 weeks (25th September – 19th November) here’s what’s on:
– SCOTSTOUN SWIMS focus on relaxation, technically controlled aerobic swimming with kick and head position work / feedback.
– ALLANDER SWIMS focus on breathing and arm action out of the water / hand entry next 4 weeks, then underwater propulsion / catch 2nd 4 weeks. Small hit of kick training every session.
– BIKE – Wednesday turbo focus on pedalling ability / co-ordination, bike setup and riding position and short hard training hits.
– BIKE – Some weekend organised rides – coach led fortnightly on Saturdays for differing abilities each week.
– MTB SATURDAYS – non coached see Facebook page weekly for info.
– RUN TUESDAYS – longer mixed ability group aerobic warm up and shorter main set with a little tech development and some real pace development work.
– RUN THURSDAYS – strength development, some aerobic mileage and some stuff to make you breathe hard!!
– RUN SUNDAYS – non coached off road base building runs – see Facebook page weekly for info
PLEASE NOTE SESSIONS ARE FOR PRETTY MUCH ALL ABILITIES. LISTED ABOVE THERE IS LOTS FOR EVERYONE AND THAT IS WHETHER YOU ARE NOVICE OR NATIONAL SQUAD. THE PERCEPTION THAT SEEMS TO BE FLOATING AROUND THAT THE SESSIONS / CLUB IS FOR PERFORMANCE ATHLETES IS UTTER GARBAGE!!!!! There is chat, banter and laughter at all sessions and you can push yourself as hard as you want.
KEY DIARY DATES:
Wed 27th Sept – 1st Bike turbo of the year – please come and get your off season bike training off to a good start.
Sat 30th Sept – Bike ride road skills coached session in west end – sign up at www.proendurancecoaching.co.uk.
Sat 14th Oct- flatish bike ride from Braehead to Kilmalcolm and back slowish pace 21-24kmh ~2hrs
Sat 21st Oct – PARKRUN – 5th yr Anniversary of Victoria Park Parkrun – Get a benchmark down!!
Sat 28th Oct – Flatish bike ride from braehead to Renfrewshire. Pace 24-27kmh 2.5-3hrs.
Sat 11th November – long ride from Glasgow for strong riders ~100-120k 28-32kmh 3.5-4hrs.
Sat 18th November – PARKRUN – challenge yourself!!
posted by John Dargie on