Enduroman Double Continuous Ironman
My last Iron distance race was 2015 when I did the Outlaw, which also included my last open water swim. I did manage to do a novice triathlon at Galashiels this year after Erin did the junior triathlon. This was to be another part of my journey, could I push myself to do the Enduroman Double Continuous?
It is with great sadness that the club must announce the passing of one of our longer standing club members and a great friend to many. Gordon Henderson tragically passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly last week while out in Spain riding his bike.
The junior kit shop is open: tri suits, bike shorts and short sleeved bike jerseys. Order deadline 22/02/18 – if you don’t have the order in by then you won’t get it I’m afraid
The much anticipated club kit shop is now open to orders. Click on the link attached and follow the instructions below. SHOP CLOSES 5th FEBRUARY!!!!!!
- Click on link
- Create your own account
- Order desired item(s) and pay Orca directly
- Delivery due mid March, this will come to a single address (mine) and distributed asap
- Make yourself available as soon as possible to collect kit from advertised club sessions nearer the time
NOTE: Some people asked about the Aero Pro Sleeved tri suit, Orca have put this on at the incorrect price, it should be £179 (still – ouch!!). I have delayed opening this shop to everyone as I have asked them to correct this error and put the Club Sleeved Tri suit up as an alternative, this is £119. If you would like the Club Sleeved suit please go ahead and order this as soon as possible, hopefully the more orders they receive for this the sooner the item will be made up and put into this order (I’m still working on them including this in our current shop).
Some items require only two orders per style (male, female, junior being different styles), others require six orders per style. Please order as soon as possible so Orca can let us know if we are close to order numbers and just not quite making. We may be able to push certain items if this is the case.
I’m determined to get kit to everyone before Bishopbriggs on the 6th May, members can help this by ordering as soon as possible.
Many thanks, happy training – race season is on it’s way!!
Each year friends of the club Jude and Jon Austin organise the fantastic Hogmanay Handicap charity run for Strathcarron Hospice. This is a lovely friendly event open to all abilities. It would be fantastic to get a load of club members along to this ever growing event while giving to a great cause. no set entry fee, all donations welcome on the day. More info………
FESTIVE PERIOD TRAINING CHANGES
With Christmas on its way there will be the following changes to club sessions:
Sunday 24th December: NO junior session, NO Allander session
Monday 25th December: NO sessions
Tuesday 26th December: NO sessions
Wednesday 27th December: NO junior session. Turbo to be confirmed, center opening times dependent
Thursday 28th December: Scotstoun swim @ 14:00, 3 lanes only, 1 hour session
Sunday 31st December: NO junior session, NO Allander session
Monday 1st January: NO sessions
Tuesday 2nd January: NO sessions
Wednesday 3rd January: Turbo to be confirmed, center opening times dependent
Hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year. Happy training everyone
There will be no Junior training on 12th November.
Welcome to week 1-4 of the new training year. This week and block we’ve got new stuff we haven’t done before:
Here comes the new training year!!!:
Monday is the start of 2017-18 seasons training. We will have the usual 4 week structure of training building and recovery and also 8 week training objectives.
So for the next 8 weeks (25th September – 19th November) here’s what’s on:
– SCOTSTOUN SWIMS focus on relaxation, technically controlled aerobic swimming with kick and head position work / feedback.
– ALLANDER SWIMS focus on breathing and arm action out of the water / hand entry next 4 weeks, then underwater propulsion / catch 2nd 4 weeks. Small hit of kick training every session.
– BIKE – Wednesday turbo focus on pedalling ability / co-ordination, bike setup and riding position and short hard training hits.
– BIKE – Some weekend organised rides – coach led fortnightly on Saturdays for differing abilities each week.
– MTB SATURDAYS – non coached see Facebook page weekly for info.
– RUN TUESDAYS – longer mixed ability group aerobic warm up and shorter main set with a little tech development and some real pace development work.
– RUN THURSDAYS – strength development, some aerobic mileage and some stuff to make you breathe hard!!
– RUN SUNDAYS – non coached off road base building runs – see Facebook page weekly for info
PLEASE NOTE SESSIONS ARE FOR PRETTY MUCH ALL ABILITIES. LISTED ABOVE THERE IS LOTS FOR EVERYONE AND THAT IS WHETHER YOU ARE NOVICE OR NATIONAL SQUAD. THE PERCEPTION THAT SEEMS TO BE FLOATING AROUND THAT THE SESSIONS / CLUB IS FOR PERFORMANCE ATHLETES IS UTTER GARBAGE!!!!! There is chat, banter and laughter at all sessions and you can push yourself as hard as you want.
KEY DIARY DATES:
Wed 27th Sept – 1st Bike turbo of the year – please come and get your off season bike training off to a good start.
Sat 30th Sept – Bike ride road skills coached session in west end – sign up at www.proendurancecoaching.co.uk.
Sat 14th Oct- flatish bike ride from Braehead to Kilmalcolm and back slowish pace 21-24kmh ~2hrs
Sat 21st Oct – PARKRUN – 5th yr Anniversary of Victoria Park Parkrun – Get a benchmark down!!
Sat 28th Oct – Flatish bike ride from braehead to Renfrewshire. Pace 24-27kmh 2.5-3hrs.
Sat 11th November – long ride from Glasgow for strong riders ~100-120k 28-32kmh 3.5-4hrs.
Sat 18th November – PARKRUN – challenge yourself!!
posted by John Dargie on