Behind the scenes the club has been planning much for the next 12 months. 2019 is the clubs 10th Anniversary so many activities will be planned. This update will cover training and some planned racing activities.
Fusion Triathlon Club are proud to announce a new session to start the 2018-2019 season off as we mean to go on. As some of you may already know this is the clubs 10th year anniversary so what better time to take stock of what we provide our members and improve on what is already a very successful club. To this end we bring you Iyengar Yoga with qualified instructor Gillian McKelvie
Each year friends of the club Jude and Jon Austin organise the fantastic Hogmanay Handicap charity run for Strathcarron Hospice. This is a lovely friendly event open to all abilities. It would be fantastic to get a load of club members along to this ever growing event while giving to a great cause. no set entry fee, all donations welcome on the day. More info………
FESTIVE PERIOD TRAINING CHANGES
With Christmas on its way there will be the following changes to club sessions:
Sunday 24th December: NO junior session, NO Allander session
Monday 25th December: NO sessions
Tuesday 26th December: NO sessions
Wednesday 27th December: NO junior session. Turbo to be confirmed, center opening times dependent
Thursday 28th December: Scotstoun swim @ 14:00, 3 lanes only, 1 hour session
Sunday 31st December: NO junior session, NO Allander session
Monday 1st January: NO sessions
Tuesday 2nd January: NO sessions
Wednesday 3rd January: Turbo to be confirmed, center opening times dependent
Hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year. Happy training everyone
There will be no Junior training on 12th November.
Here comes the new training year!!!:
Monday is the start of 2017-18 seasons training. We will have the usual 4 week structure of training building and recovery and also 8 week training objectives.
So for the next 8 weeks (25th September – 19th November) here’s what’s on:
– SCOTSTOUN SWIMS focus on relaxation, technically controlled aerobic swimming with kick and head position work / feedback.
– ALLANDER SWIMS focus on breathing and arm action out of the water / hand entry next 4 weeks, then underwater propulsion / catch 2nd 4 weeks. Small hit of kick training every session.
– BIKE – Wednesday turbo focus on pedalling ability / co-ordination, bike setup and riding position and short hard training hits.
– BIKE – Some weekend organised rides – coach led fortnightly on Saturdays for differing abilities each week.
– MTB SATURDAYS – non coached see Facebook page weekly for info.
– RUN TUESDAYS – longer mixed ability group aerobic warm up and shorter main set with a little tech development and some real pace development work.
– RUN THURSDAYS – strength development, some aerobic mileage and some stuff to make you breathe hard!!
– RUN SUNDAYS – non coached off road base building runs – see Facebook page weekly for info
PLEASE NOTE SESSIONS ARE FOR PRETTY MUCH ALL ABILITIES. LISTED ABOVE THERE IS LOTS FOR EVERYONE AND THAT IS WHETHER YOU ARE NOVICE OR NATIONAL SQUAD. THE PERCEPTION THAT SEEMS TO BE FLOATING AROUND THAT THE SESSIONS / CLUB IS FOR PERFORMANCE ATHLETES IS UTTER GARBAGE!!!!! There is chat, banter and laughter at all sessions and you can push yourself as hard as you want.
KEY DIARY DATES:
Wed 27th Sept – 1st Bike turbo of the year – please come and get your off season bike training off to a good start.
Sat 30th Sept – Bike ride road skills coached session in west end – sign up at www.proendurancecoaching.co.uk.
Sat 14th Oct- flatish bike ride from Braehead to Kilmalcolm and back slowish pace 21-24kmh ~2hrs
Sat 21st Oct – PARKRUN – 5th yr Anniversary of Victoria Park Parkrun – Get a benchmark down!!
Sat 28th Oct – Flatish bike ride from braehead to Renfrewshire. Pace 24-27kmh 2.5-3hrs.
Sat 11th November – long ride from Glasgow for strong riders ~100-120k 28-32kmh 3.5-4hrs.
Sat 18th November – PARKRUN – challenge yourself!!
posted by John Dargie on
Wednesday evening training for juniors is back from the 16th August. This operates as a 10 week block of training that the kids sign up to. Sign up opens THIS WEDNESDAY 2nd AUGUST at 7pm!! Be fast as its often a sell out in minutes!!!! Continue reading “Wednesday night Junior Training launch”
Sorry folks. The Allander swim sessions on the 1st, 6th, 8th August are cancelled due to coach availability.
There have been a few enquiries regarding Wednesday’s TT – most suggesting they are not good enough / are intimidated by doing one. Let’s be clear……..