Our Annual Plan, devised by Pro Endurance Coaching, works progressively through the year building towards race season. The plan is designed around training phases each with specific training goals and adaptations and lasting between four and eight weeks
This programme of periodised training is the reason why so many athletes including novices, single sport athletes, world age group and elite champions make so much progress and have helped our club grow so successfully.
The programme is delivered for all abilities and easily tailored for different goals and race dates. If you have an upcoming goal or target race speak to the coaches at one of the training sessions who will be happy to give you specific instructions for the session.
The four week training cycle
Training runs in a four week repeating cycle. Each new cycle the training focus will shift to follow training phase laid out in the annual plan.
- Week one introduces a new target or focus
- Week two builds on this by adding a some volume and / or intensity
- Week three (big week) takes the volume and / or intensity even higher
- Week four (recovery week) will see a significant reduction in intensity and / or volume. It’s the easiest week of the cycle, allowing the body to rest and adapt before moving on to the next cycle
Annual Plan Training Phases
Training Phase: Race Season 3
24th July 2017 to 17th September 2017
FOCUS / ACTIVITIES:
1. More flexibility for individuals based on racing dates and goals.
2. SWIM - Quality speed, threshold and strength endurance training
4. BIKE Wednesday nights. APR / TT intervals.
5. RUN - Threshold race pace development with diff distances of reps. LD options.
6. Club 10 mile TT's incl club champs, club hill climb champs, 1 x Parkrun. 7. Club target races - OW Middle distance / Swim Run / Aquathlon?